Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
Here are some fun activities you can do with your child for Valentine's Day.
Valentine’s Day is not just for adults in love. This is a great time for children to display their love and thankfulness to their family and friends. Here are some fun craft ideas you can do with your children.
Hershey’s Kiss Roses
- Giant bag of Hershey's Kisses
- Flower Wire – thin enough to bend and cut with wire scissors
- Green Flower Tape
- Red Cellophane – any see-through/red plastic sheets will do
- Ribbon – optional
- Glue or Clear Tape
- First, cut your red plastic into 3 x 3 inch little squares.
- Next, cut your wire into manageable pieces. These will be the stems of your rose buds.
- Take two Hershey's Kisses and tape or glue them together so that they look like a single rose bud, fat sides together.
- Stick your wire into one of the tips of the Hershey's Kisses.
- Wrap your Hershey's kiss rosebud with a square of red plastic.
- Now take your green flower tape and wrap the bottom of your rose bud (where the wire is sticking out) and the rest of the wire all the way down. Make sure you keep the tape tight or it will unravel at the end. Rip the tape when you are done, the end should stick to the rest of the tape if you pull it tight enough.
- Tie a ribbon around your rose, or make a bouquet of roses then tie a ribbon around the bouquet.
This is a very simple and fun craft you can do with your kids.
- Small Canvas Bag – you can find one at the local craft store or dollar store
- Pencil with Eraser
- Red and Pink Paint
- Paper or Cardboard Heart-Shaped Cutout
- Pour paint on a paper plate.
- Place the heart cutout on your bag, where you would like the heart to go.
- Now, dip your pencil eraser into the paint and use it to stamp around the edges of the heart.
- Do this with both colors, all around the heart.
- Lift the heart cutout and allow the paint to dry.